WALT DISNEY WORLD
- As you prepare to visit, please know that we’ve made updates based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.
- It may be different from the last time you visited. But together, we can find new ways to create magical moments—and memories to treasure.
- Some images shown throughout this website do not represent current operational guidelines or health and safety measures such as face covering and physical distancing requirements.
- Theme parks, Disney Resort hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to limited availability or closure.
Additionally, attractions, experiences (such as shows and parades), services and amenities may have limited availability or may remain closed. We will provide more information as it becomes available. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media or purchases and provide applicable refunds.
- Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors and in Disney buses, monorail and Disney Skyliner, regardless of vaccination status. This includes upon entering and throughout all attractions. Face coverings remain optional for all Guests in outdoor common areas.
- All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) should:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
- To enter a theme park, Guests (ages 3 and older) will need a valid ticket and a theme park reservation for the same day and same park they want to visit.
- The State of California strongly recommends that all Guests be fully vaccinated or receive a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the Disneyland Resort. Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) while indoors, including on many attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings remain optional for all Guests in outdoor common areas.
- Certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings may be modified or unavailable, have limited capacity, and are subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. View important details about returning to the Disneyland Resorts
- Disney has taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other Guests, Cast and Crew Members. You must follow all posted instructions while sailing with Disney Cruise Line.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
- By sailing with Disney Cruise Line you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Help keep each other healthy.
- Cruise Date Flexibility
- Final Payment
- Cancellation Fee Schedule
- Flexible Refund Policy
- Future Cruise Credit
- Onboard Credit
ADVENTURES BY DISNEY
As ABD welcomes you back to exploring the world, promoting health and safety is a top priority. They are resuming trips with multiple layers of health and safety measures developed in consideration of guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local and international health authorities, the U.S. Travel Association, and The Walt Disney Company’s team of health experts. Learn more about Guest Health and Safety Protocols.
As Disney continues the phased reopening, they have made updates in consideration of guidance from public health authorities, appropriate government agencies, and has their own team of health and safety experts. These measures are designed to promote:
- Cleanliness – Cleaning procedures are enhanced throughout Aulani Resort. Extra attention is given to high-traffic areas, including public elevators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. Hand sanitizers are located throughout the Resort.
- Physical distancing – measures may include:
- Signage and Ground Markings: Please follow directional signage and ground markings, which have been installed throughout Aulani Resort to help Guests better navigate common areas while practicing physical distancing.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select locations where it is difficult to maintain strict physical distancing guidelines. These may be visible in areas around cash registers or at the Front Desk, for example, to help promote physical distances between people.
- Training: Cast Members are trained to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas.
- Reduced contact – Experiences may be modified in order to reduce contact. These include:
- Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless payment options, including debit cards, credit cards and Disney Gift Cards. In many instances, Guests can also opt to charge their purchase to their Aulani Resort hotel folio.
- Modified Housekeeping: Housekeeping services have been modified to include thorough cleaning of your room prior to arrival and light cleaning during your stay to help reduce contact. Learn more.
While these plans may evolve, we will continue to evaluate the constantly changing health environment and its impact on the state of Hawaii.
It may be different from the last time you visited. But together, we can find new ways to create magical moments—and memories to treasure.
Note: some images shown throughout this website do not represent current operational guidelines or health and safety measures, such as face coverings and physical distancing requirements.