Theme parks are full of sights, sounds and magic. But this can be overwhelming especially when the parks are crowded. Magic Kingdom is truly magical but not when you are tired or over stimulated. And this is not just true for children.
So where are the best places to take a break in Magic Kingdom?
Here are our top 5 tips for a break on a day at Magic Kingdom:
- Book a table service meal for lunch. There are multiple table service options inside the park and planning your sit down meal for lunchtime is a great way to escape the heat and the crowds. Not able to snag a meal at restaurant in the park? Book lunch at a resort on the monorail for a quick escape before you head back in to the park for the rest of the day.
- Visit the Hall of Presidents. The waiting area is inside and offers air conditioning. The show is about twenty minutes long and offers comfortable seating and rarely fills all the way. This can be a great spot for a child (or anyone really) to sneak in a quick nap.
- Watch Mickey’s PhilHarmagic show. Another inside seating area with lots of space. Enjoy watching Donald explore some of your favorite Disney tunes including Peter Pan, CoCo and more.
- Visit Casey Jr Splash N Soak station (but bring a change of clothes or at least dry socks/shoes). Located in Story Book Circus, this is a fun area to cool off and just let kids run around.
- Hop on the Liberty Square Riverboat. This relaxing riverboat takes you around Tom Sawyer Island and the back of Magic Kingdom park. Warning there are not many seats on the Riverboat but it can still be a nice spot to relax away from more crowded areas.
Other common suggestions include visiting Tom Sawyer Island or hopping into Carousel of Progress, The Enchanted Tiki room or Country Bear Jamboree.
Want to learn more about how to enjoy your day at Magic Kingdom? Message your Goofy Getaways Travel Consultant today or send us an email at and we will connect you with an expert travel consultant.