Magical Express ends on December 31, 2021, and this was the main form of transportation from Orlando International Airport to the Walt Disney World Resort Hotels.
But don’t worry, you won’t be stranded at the airport. There are a variety of ways to get to your Disney resort from the airport.
- MEARS Connect- Mears bus service had been contracted through Disney and ran the buses for Magical Express. With the end of Magical Express, this company is continuing to offer this service on their own. Round trip service from MCO to your Disney resort is $27 per child and $32 per adult and can be booked through your travel planner. Guests who previously used Magical Express will find this most similar to that service. There is an express option which means you will not stop at any other resort (directly to your resort). This is $200 for up to 4 passengers than an additional $55 per person.
- Happy Limo- this is a private company and while yes, they do have limos, they also offer transportation in mini vans, shuttle buses and even mini buses. This can be a great option for a private service and is not limited to just Disney resorts. They offer transfers even to other area resorts and even to your cruise. Prices vary depending on the service and number of guests traveling. Guests 5 and under need a child safety seat which you can rent.
- Rental car- many major car rentals are available at the Orlando International Airport and this can be a great option to get around the Orlando area. Be aware that most resorts including Disney resorts charge a fee per night for parking. You can expect to pay at least $30 per night for rental car and resort parking fees are often $15-$30 per night depending on your resort.
- At Walt Disney World, current parking fees are $15 per night at Value resorts, $20 per night for Moderate resorts and $25 per night for Deluxe resorts.
- Uber/Lyft- this can be a great option if you are traveling with 3-4 other adults or children that do not need a car seat. You can select car seats, but this is somewhat unreliable so we do not usually recommend these sources as the top means for transportation with little children. You can anticipate paying $25-$50 each way for one of these services to your resort.
Want to know more? Contact your Goofy Getaways Travel Planner today.