Walt Disney World parks reopened in July 2020 after being closed for multiple months. While experiences in the park have some adjustments to continue to focus on guests safety (such as physically distancing and requiring face coverings), the Magic is still alive and well. It may not come in the form of fireworks, parades and character meet and greets, but there are many other way’s Walt Disney World is bringing a smile to guests faces.
Some of our travel planners shared their experiences back in the parks and here are ways they noticed the Magic:
- Lower wait times- with reduced capacity in the parks, this also means lower wait times for rides. At this time, there are not FastPasses available, but our planners typically experienced less than 30 minutes of wait time even for the most popular rides. (Wait times are subject to vary based on park capacity).
- Pop up character sightings- some of your favorite characters make an appearance from a distance! These are not scheduled, but if you are wandering through the parks, you never know who you might see. Some of our favorites are:
- EPCOT- Winnie the Pooh at the UK gardens
- Hollywood Studios- Storm Troopers in Galaxy’s Edge
- Magic Kingdom- Cinderella’s step sisters on the castle balcony & many characters along the train station balcony
- Cavalcades- these mini parades pop up at various times in all the parks and you can wave at most of your favorite characters as they go by (they even have special holiday ones!).
And best of all, the cast members are so positive. We can tell they are glad to be back in the parks and to have guests in the parks again.
Are you ready to visit Walt Disney World? Contact your Goofy Getaways Travel Planner today and let us help you keep the Magic Alive!